Originally, Tilapia is an African fresh water species. Nowadays Tilapia is a well-known aquaculture fish. Its flavour is mild and its meat is low-fat and white.
Our Tilapia are partially fed insects (Black Soldier Fly larvae) grown on pre consumer food waste. Insects as feed deliver protein to our Tilapia and enhance sustainable cultivation practices.
The Urban Smart Farm produces sustainable and healthy Tilapia
- Fish fry is high quality from an acknowledged breeder
- Water is heated via solar power
- Our production environment is fully controlled
- Tiger worms convert solid fish waste in to nutrients for plants
- Fish waste (ammonia) is converted into plant feed via bio filtering